A synthetic putting green in your backyard can provide hours of enjoyment for family members of all ages. Depending on the design they can be realistically contoured with fringes and multiple cup placements and areas to pitch and chip from can be incorporated into the surrounding landscape. With minimal maintenance they provide many years of reliable service.
Placement in your landscape is often dependent on the size of putting green desired and the contours of your property. It is desirable to have seating areas adjacent so the non-players can interact and golfers can flow back and forth to entertaining areas. Putting greens do need to be relatively flat, so often retaining walls or re-contouring is necessary to incorporate effectively into the landscape.
- Maintenance is minimal, just an occasional sweeping to remove debris and you are ready to play.
- Incorporating a pitching / chipping area can add a level of functionality.
- Expect many years of reliable service as we construct putting greens on a compacted gravel and limestone fines base for a solid foundation and infilled with silica sand for a realistic putting feel.
- A backyard putting green can be a great addition to a staycation style backyard and incorporate well with many other elements.
- In a small backyard a putting green can take the place of a lawn
PRO LANDSCAPER TIP
Whether your green makes your backyard your own private 19th hole or if your main focus is to improve your short game, you'll love the convenience.